Installing McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection
To install McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection:
- Log in as a user with local administrator privileges.
- Although McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection can uninstall other anti-virus products, it's best if you uninstall them manually and reboot before continuing.
- Connect to the internet and click the following link:
- You will be prompted for your email address:
Enter it and click Continue. (If the system in question does not have a mailbox, enter either your main email address or a description of the system. The email address is not critical.)
- Next you will be prompted to run the download manager which will perform the main installation. Click Install and choose Run or Open when prompted:
- The installation will then download the software:
- After a few minutes (depending on your connection speed), the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection components will be installed and start operating. The McAfee icon () will appear in the taskbar.
If a machine on your network already has McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection installed, the system will copy the files from that machine rather than download the entire package again.