Cadzow Booking Manager: Budget Reporting
Last updated: 01/05/2009
You can set up budget figures for bookings in two ways:
- Simple Budgets: as monthly amounts against media organisations or analysis accounts (load the media organisation or analysis, choose budgets and specify the amount).
- Complex Budgets: as monthly amounts as a cross mix of media and analysis account (load the media organisation, choose budgets and specify the amount as well as specifying which analysis to cross reference it against).
Both ways supports multiple line items for each budget value so you can split the amounts to make it easier to understand. For example, the for a particular media might be $37,000, consisting of $7,000 for one contract and $30,000 for another, but in the future you might not remember how this value was derived. So you can use Cadzow 2000 to calculate budget values from source information using annotations rather than calculate them offline and then transcribe them back.
Another great feature of the budgets engine is that you can enter defaults, so if you have a monthly budget of $500 you can enter Period Type: Monthly, Year: 2008, Period: 0 and Amount: $500 and that amount will be applied to each period automatically instead of entering one line item for each of the 12 months. The periods which differ can be entered as exceptions (eg. As -$500).
Reports - Simple Budgets
On the MAIN MENU of the BOOKING MANAGER you have access to the BUDGET REPORTS (SIMPLE).
Reports - Complex Budgets
On the MAIN MENU of the BOOKING MANAGER you have access to the BUDGET REPORTS (COMPLEX).
This report contain four types of figures:
- budget figures for a financial year based on appearance dates (eg. July 2007-June 2008).
- actual figures for a financial year based on appearance dates (eg. July 2007-June 2008).
- a booking movement amount for a specified time frame (usually weekly, eg. 10/07/2007-16/07/2007)
- under each media organisation, show a list of corresponding clients and their bookings for this 12 month period and the last 12 month period.
More about the report:
- Needs budget assigned to media/analysis cross mix (under SETUP ORGANISATIONS)
- The report is grouped by analysis, each starting on a new page (so that the pages can be separated and handed out to the sales team).
- The publicationare grouped by profile (eg. “Newspaper: South Australian Country Newspape)
- Figures are excluding tax.
- Actual figures are colour coded: if over budget green, under budget red.
- Each organisation has to have only one active profile assigned.
You can also use this screen to EXPORT the budget and actual figures to Microsoft Excel (but not the client figures).