Cannot Open Advanced User Settings in Windows XP
In Windows XP, the User Accounts applet under Control Panel provides a different interface depending on whether the system is connected to a domain or a workgroup. In workgroup mode, the applet provides fewer options. In particular, you cannot access the Advanced tab, which provides access to the Manage Passwords and .NET Password Wizard options.
However, it is possible to access these options as follows:
- Click Start, then choose Run.
- Type the appropriate command:
- To run the full-featured User Accounts dialog, type:
- To run only the Manage Passwords applet, type:
rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL keymgr.dll
- To run only the .NET Password Wizard, type:
(Note these commands are case-sensitive.)
- Choose OK.