Excel Worksheets Are Cut Off On Kyocera Printers
A worksheet that has been set to fit to a certain number of pages may not scale properly when printing to a Kyocera printer under Windows Vista. Consequently, the edges are cut off. The worksheet may or may not appear correctly scaled in Print Preview, and will print properly on a non-Kyocera printer, or from a non-Vista workstation.
This appears to be an issue with the Kyocera driver when using KPDL (Kyocera Page Description Language) mode, which is the default. It may be worked-around by using PCL mode instead:
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Double-click Printers (if in Classic view), or click Printer under Hardware and Sound.
- Right-click the Kyocera printer, and choose Run as Administrator.
From the sub-menu, choose Properties.
- Vista may prompt to confirm the action; choose Continue.
- Click the Device Settings tab.
- Click PDL.
- Next to Select PDL, choose PCL 5c.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
Footnote. Some models of Fuji Xerox printers, such as the C4350, can exhibit problems printing from Excel. Upgrade the printer drivers to the latest version.