Configure iPhone/iPad for NetRegistry SMTP
Netregistry provide an authenticated SMTP (outgoing email) service. Unlike un-authenticated SMTP, this allows you to send email via Netregistry's servers from any network. Normally, SMTP is restricted to users on the ISP's own network, which means you must use the SMTP host that is relevant for wherever you are.
On the iPhone/iPad:
- Press the Home button and choose the Settings app:
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap the email account you wish to configure.
Depending on the version of iOS, you may need to then tap Account Info.
- Tap SMTP under Outgoing Mail Server.
- Tap the server listed under Primary Server.
- Change the details as follows:
|Username||<Your Email Address> (eg. email@example.com)|
|Password||<Your Mailbox Password>|
- Tap Done.
- For each of the remaining hosts listed under Other SMTP Servers, tap into each and switch them to Off.