Cadzow 2000 — Using Discounts
Creating Discount Levels
- Under Accounts Receivable, choose Option 4 — Sales Discounts. (NB only users granted the permission “ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE — Setup Discounts/Jobs” can access this option.)
- To add a new discount, use the last blank line in the datasheet, and enter a description of the discount (eg. Staff Discount or 20%), the discount rate as a percentage (eg 20) and any comment.
- If modifying an existing discount, the discount rate change will not update any existing transactions that used that discount rate. So while it generally does not cause a problem to change a discount rate, it's less confusing to create a new discount and update the system where required instead of changing an existing discount.
- Discounts can have a negative percentage, which creates a loading on the sell price, rather than a discount.
- For each department that requires the use of Discounts, enable Allow Discounts under Set Defaults of the Department's setup screen.
Using Discount Levels
- When creating an invoice, for each line item choose the required Discount level from the drop-down list in the Disc column.
- To remove a discount from a line item, blank out the Discount column (with the backspace key for example).
Customer Default Discounts
Each organisation can have a default discount rate setup.
- Under Accounts Receivable, choose Option 1 — Organisations. Then choose Setup/Edit Organisations.
- Open the organisation required using F3.
- Choose Option 7 Other Info from the taskbar on the right-hand side.
- Assign the desired Discount level next to Default Discount.