Using Cadzow Accounting Software for MS-DOS in 64-bit Windows
Microsoft Windows 64-bit editions do not allow the operation of 16-bit Windows applications or 16-bit text-based applications designed for MS-DOS, such as the suite of Cadzow Accounting Software packages. However these programs can be operated within a virtual environment called DOSBox.
To configure this environment:
- Create a subfolder somewhere to house the MS-DOS applications, such as C:\CADZOW\DOSAPPS.
- Move the \GL, \GL1, \GL2, \GL3, \CRED, \DEB, \PAY folders and GL.BAT, DEB.BAT, CRED.BAT and PAY.BAT into that folder. (Note not all systems will have all of those folders/files.)
- Download and install DOSBox for Windows.
- Create a shortcut with a command as follows:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe" C:\CADZOW\DOSAPPS\GL.BAT -exit -noconsole
(Repeat as required for DEB.BAT, CRED.BAT, PAY.BAT.)
- Open %LOCALAPPDATA%\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf (or equivalent) in Notepad.
- Under the [autoexec] section, enter
MOUNT C C:\DATA\DOSAPPS
Save the file.
You can now run DOSbox and use the programs by running the batch commands.
Tip: Press Alt-Enter to toggle between full-screen and windowed mode.
Copyright © 1996-2013 Cadzow & Cadzow Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved.
Question/comment about this page? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org