Installing Access 97 Runtime
- Download the Access 97 Runtime by clicking the following link and choosing Open or Run when prompted.
(MD5 hash: bbcef5520a41753cfe0691687dade61d)
- Depending on your operating system/browser version, after the file is downloaded, it may prompt:
The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?
In Windows Vista and above you may be prompted:
- You will be prompted:
This package installs the Microsoft Access 97 Runtime. Continue?
- In Windows 8 and above you may be prompted:
This occurs because the Setup program has a small stub of 16-bit code. The remainder of the setup and Access 97 itself is 32-bit. Choose Enable to allow this to run.
- Follow the Setup Wizard. When prompted, choose a Typical installation.
- Let the setup finish and click OK at the conclusion.
Post-installation, on Windows Vista and above, you may need to set some registry permissions if you need to use additional versions of Microsoft Access.
- On 64-bit Windows, you may receive the following error message: “This application uses CTL3D32.DLL, which has not been correctly installed. CTL3D32.DLL must be installed in the Windows system directory”. This message may be ignored.
Windows NT 4 Security Patches
If using Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, Server or Terminal Services, install the following security update:
If using Windows 2000/XP/2003 or later, oleaut32.dll is updated via the usual Windows Update/Automatic Updates process.
Copyright © 1996-2021 Cadzow TECH Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved.
Question/comment about this page? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org