Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Home can be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using the Pro Pack. This is similar to the Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade and Add Features to Windows 8.
To perform the upgrade:
- Click Start and search for Activation.
- Click Go to Store:
- Click the price, and accept the User Account Control dialog.
- When prompted for an account to use, typically you would choose Microsoft Account unless your IT administrators have provided other information.
- Sign in with the appropriate account, and verify your workstation's login password.
Then follow the prompts to enter credit card information etc.
- The Store will then change to show it is ready to upgrade:
- Click Start Upgrade and accept the various prompts.
The upgrade will do some preparation work, then reboot a few times.
Post-update, if you were previously using a local account, it will be linked to the Microsoft account used to purchase the upgrade key.
Copyright © 1996-2020 Cadzow TECH Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved.
Question/comment about this page? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org